Why is it important to take care of your body and your skin?
Skin is an important protective barrier for the body against external aggressors (wind, extreme temperatures, pollution, etc.). Any disturbance of its balance can affect the health of your body.
Some areas may have special needs as the structure of the skin varies according to the part of the body. The texture is different between the hands, the feet and the stomach for example.
Daily washing allows you to :
- Remove dust and dirt, which can cause skin problems, from the skin
- Remove sweat and remove and unpleasant body odour.
- Limit the risk of spreading germs and contamination, including through good hand hygiene.
- Refresh, re-energise, and relax
Secondly, body care products help:
- Maintain healthy skin, for example, by avoiding discomfort such as “fish-scale” skin, rough patches or loss of firmness
- Delay skin ageing
- Physical and mental well-being.
How do I take care of my skin?
For long-lasting soft and supple skin, we recommend this body care routine.
Skincare in the shower
Water alone is not enough to wash your body. Impurities should be removed with a shower product such as a dermatological bar, or any other shower gel that is kind to sensitive skin. This prevents the risk of dryness and tightness caused by conventional soaps.
To avoid the same risks, you should also make sure that you do not rinse with water that is too hot. This deteriorates the hydrolipidic film, an oily layer that protects your skin from the environment.
Furthermore, we recommend opting for a shower over a bath to limit the amount of time you come into contact with tap water with a limescale content that dries the skin and chlorine content that irritates the epidermis
Finally, dry yourself gently by dabbing your towel rather than rubbing vigorously.
Once or twice a week, use a body scrub to remove dead skin and impurities. The skin will then benefit even more from the properties of your body moisturiser.
Moisturising body care
Moisturising your body’s skin every day, and, in particular, after exfoliation, helps to maintain the hydrolipidic film of the epidermis made up of water and fat. Avène has formulated moisturising body creams for you and also a range especially adapted to hands an area of the body that is over-exposed.
These care products will hel3p you keep your skin glowing, protect it, prevent dryness and slow down skin ageing.
Protecting yourself from the sun is essential for keeping your skin young and healthy. Discover our sun protection products adapted to different skin tones and sensitivities. More frequent application to particularly exposed areas of the body such as the chest, hands and arms can prevent and limit the appearance of age spots.
You should also take care to stay in the shade during peak exposure times, usually between 12 noon and 3 pm.
In winter, be sure to cover up with warm clothing to protect your body from the redness, tightness, and itching associated with intense temperature variations.
The dry air in homes due to heating is also the main cause of skin dryness in winter. It, therefore, makes sense to turn to richer body care products, containing cold cream to moisturise and protect the skin against the elements.
What is the product for each skin type?
The texture of body care products varies according to your skin type and the problems encountered.
- Dry skin and very dry, tight and skin that flakes to varying degrees, requires intense hydration coupled with a dose of nourishment. The shower cream, milks and nourishing balms in TriXera Nutrition range will provide these skin types with all the lipids they need.
- Sensitive skin will find gentleness and comfort in the body care products in the Body range
- Cicalfate products in the form of sprays, gels and creams, repair the surface layers of the irritated skin.
- Do you have eczema on your body and are you experiencing itching? The Xeracalm A.D. range provides you with relief and nourishment with the Cleansing Oil, the Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar,the Lipid-Replenishing Cream and Balm as well as the Soothing Concentrate
The temperature can also influence your choice of body product. Choose rich-textured body care products, such as balms, when it's cold; and light textures in summer, such as lotions or creams that are more quickly absorbed by the skin.