AFPRALThe Eau Thermale Avène brand is a partner of AFPRAL (French Association for the Prevention of Allergies).An allergy is when the body develops an excessive reaction to a foreign body that it considers to be a threat. It is caused by an imbalance of the immune system.See partner website
The immune system is a defense mechanism that protects the body against external attacks.
In allergy sufferers, the immune system responds abnormally or excessively to a harmless foreign substance in the body which it has already come into contact with.
Know more about it on the intolerances and the allergies.
Avène dermatological laboratories offer dermatologically tested skin care products specially designed for sensitive skin and approved by rigorous efficacy, skin tolerance and hypoallergenic testing.
Since 1996, the Tolerance Extreme range has been presented to medical professionals for treatment of the most sensitive skin types. The forerunners of this cutting edge technology rely on sterility to offer pure skin care formulas that are free from potential irritants. Our Laboratories have continued to invest in Research over the years to ensure that these formulas are increasingly effective.
The result Sterile cosmetics.
This expertise has just been recognized by AFPRAL (French Association for the Prevention of Allergies), whose objective is to "help to ensure that the public is properly informed about allergies."
The Eau Thermale Avène brand is now a partner of this organization and has been:
-"RECOGNIZED" for its Sterile Cosmetics technology which offers the following benefits:
- a simple formula containing essential ingredients only that is free of preservatives and substances used for their preservative effects
- sterilization at each stage of the production process
- packaging using the patented D.E.F.I. system* (Device for Exclusive Formula Integrity) which ensures that the formula remains sterile during use.
"RECOMMENDED" for its skin care products using Sterile Cosmetics technology as these combine effective protection with optimal tolerance:
- Tolerance Extreme Soothing moisturizing cream and cleansing milk
- Skin Recovery cream and rich skin recovery cream for calming and protecting skin
- XeraCalm AD Lipid-replenishing cream and balm
- Pediatril Moisturizing cream
ESCFAvène dermatological laboratories work alongside the European Skin Cancer Foundation (ESCF)(1).Founded in 2008, this association aims to inform the public and raise awareness of the risk factors for skin cancer and implement prevention campaigns. Skin cancer is actually a major public health issue today.See partner website
Excessive sun exposure (2) has been established as a contributing factor in the growing prevalence of skin cancer, including melanomas and
non melanoma skin cancers (NMSC), which are rarely fatal but are becoming increasingly common. Early diagnosis is essential for a good prognosis and so education and photo-protection are key, especially where children are concerned.
Avène dermatological laboratories have risen to the challenge thanks to their long term commitment in this field and sun care expertise. The sun care range from Avène is proven to protect your skin and keeps it safe from the harmful effects of the sun while also helping to prevent sun damage.
This is why we have decided to invest in this area alongside ESCF and support numerous actions led by the Foundation:
- Prevent Educating children about sun damage preserves healthy skin for a longer time.
- Train dermatologists and doctors from all partner countries in skin cancer diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
(1) European Skin Cancer foundation.
(2) Armstrong BK, Kricker A,The epidemiology of UV induced skin cancer. J Photochem Photobiol B 2001; 63:8-18.